Those that have been, might or are being written:
– A Clash of Kings, by George R. R. Martin. Yes, this is the sequel to A Game of Thrones, and it has been written. It’s sitting on my shelf upstairs. But after some serious debate, I elected not to read it until the next HBO installment comes out. So I am dying to read it. I just have incredible willpower.
– The next book in the Dublin Murder Squad series by Tana French. I didn’t enjoy A Faithful Place as much as The Likeness, and didn’t like it as much as In the Woods. But still liked them all enough to read another.
– The next book in the Reverend Clare Fergusson and Russ Van Alstyne mystery series. Of course. I don’t know if you could even call these mysteries. Mostly they’re just a series of books about Clare and Russ. If you asked me “who dunnit” for any of the books, I probably couldn’t tell you. In fact, I really can’t remember who did it in the one I just read, One Was a Soldier. But I remember that Clare had a drinking problem and that Flynn and Hadley did not get together. The important stuff.
Those that I wish would be written:
– The Portrait of a Lady, by Henry James. Is this one of the world’s best endings or the world’s worst? I’ve never decided. But don’t you want to know what happens next?
– A Suitable Boy, by Vikram Seth. I miss those people. I felt Lata made a bad decision in the end, and I really want to know how it turned out for her.