Thanks so much to Jennifer O. over at Lit Endeavors for giving me the Stylish Blog Award. What great company to be in, and check out some of the other blogs she picked here, as well as her great blog.
I always think finding blogs to pass the award along to is going to be hard, but luckily, I’ve been discovering some great blogs lately, not all of them necessarily about books, which is fun. Here’s my list of blogs I deem to be terribly Stylish:
This blog has a great little feature going right now with guest posters writing about mothers in various young adult books…the first is about the Other Mother in Coraline. What a great idea for Mother’s Day!
The Vivivification of Mrs. Moment
Mrs. Moment joined my Blog In Place hop, for which I am eternally grateful. At her blog, she celebrates stories, and invites folks to contribute and share their own stories on her blog.
You may have already been by Kittling: Books, but if you haven’t, check out her Scene of the Blog, a feature where she posts pictures of various bloggers reading and blogging spaces. I love seeing where some of my favorite bloggers live and work.
Parenting Book by Book
What a great idea! This blog reviews all those parenting books for you, one each week, and lets you know how they worked for her. A great resource for parents.
I found this blog through Wordless Wednesday and there are some great pictures of vegan food and cooking (I love food pictures) as well as descriptions of cooking actual vegan recipes and how they turn out.
Past as Prologue
If you’re looking for historical nonfiction recommendations, this is the place to go. I always find such interesting books here, along with great reviews.
Yes, I’m short one. I had in so many words on my list, only to discover that blog already has a Stylish Blog Award. Congrats and nine will just have to do.
And now I get to share seven things about me, which is harder than you think.
1. I just discovered that I love brussel sprouts. Who knew? Roasted in the oven with olive oil they are delicious.
2. I hate honey. My husband takes honey in his tea, and because I love him, I’ll put honey in his tea. But I hate when it gets on my hands. Sticky. Bleh.
3. I just started a new blog hop (shameless plug) called Blog In Place, where you get to answer questions about the place you live, the places you love, the places you’d like to visit, the places you belong. The inaugural question is, What’s the best and worst thing about the place you live?
4. I have to work fairly hard to control my shoe buying. Not fancy and uncomfortable high heel shoes (uncomfortable to me, at least) but comfy, outdoorsy shoes like Keen’s. I don’t actually do a lot of outdoorsy things, but I have the shoes should I ever need to.
5. I’m currently attempting to knit an amigurami tomato. After that, I will be tackling an amigurami angler fish for my stepdaughter, which should I succeed, will be perhaps the coolest thing I’ve ever made.
6. I love being on sabbatical so much that I have no idea how I will ever go back to actually having a job and working.
7. I live about an hour and a half away from where I grew up and where my parents, sister and brother live, and feel that’s almost the exact perfect distance. I might move closer, but never farther away from my family.
Thanks again, Jennifer O.!